PERFORMS WITH: Dead Love Club
About the ArtistRona is a rock drummer at heart. The projects she has been involved in span the roots of rock n’ roll and electronic music. Her playing style is hard hitting with great driving beats and danceable grooves.
Rona has been surrounded by music all her life. She was heavily influenced by The Beatles at an early age. Her father was a musician and taught her to play keys. One of the very first songs she learned to play on keys was “Let It Be”. From there, he began to teach her guitar chords and introduced her to the idea of drumming. It wasn’t until one day when she went to see the band Chicago in concert, that she would discover her love for drums. The drummer at the time was Tris Imboden. She immediately became a fan and decided to take up the drums.
Her musical influences stem from bands such as Depeche Mode, The Killers, The Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age and so many more. Some of her favorite drummers are Tris Imboden, Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Deen Castronovo, Terry Bozzio, and many others.
Rona has performed and recorded with Austin bands and is currently the drummer for Dead Love Club.
Some of her career highlights include:
• Becoming a Gretsch Drums endorsed artist
• Making the Rockstar Magazine February 2014 cover story and featured band
• Ranking #8 in Austin Music Awards ’13 on the Avant-garde/Experimental Bands category
• Played the main stage in the headlining spot for Texas Rockfest at SXSW ’14
• Hired to play the wrap party for Robert Rodriguez’s From Dusk Till Dawn TV series
• Opened for My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult’s Spooky Tricks Tour 2014 in Austin, TX