About the ArtistRob has toured extensively through the U.S. and Canada with Mike Zito, Theresa Andersson, and the Wyrd Sisters as well as shorter tours (ranging from 1 - 6 weeks) with the following artists:
- U.K. tour with Dexter Ardoin (Zydeco)
- Waiheke Jazz Festival in New Zealand with John Boutte (New Orleans jazz/r&b)
- Europe tour (Germany, Switzerland) with Rainravens (roots/rock)
- Japan tour with 20/20 (power pop)
- Europe tour (Denmark, Norway, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium) with Alan Haynes (Texas Blues)
- Europe tour (Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Switzerland, Netherlands, Slovakia, Croatia) with Mike Zito.
We asked... Why Gretsch?I've been playing my Gretsch drums for several years now and feel that across the board they are a superior product. The Catalina and Renown series kits are heads and shoulders above the competition's product at similar price points. Although I don't currently own any of the upper level kits, I have played them on occasion and and am convinced that these drums are special.
AdviceBe a lifelong learner. Don't forget what brought you to music in the first place. For me it's always been about being in a constant state of discovery. Whether it's seeking out new music to listen to and learn from, improving my technique or looking for new sounds, ideas and inspiration. And be nice to people...especially your fellow musicians. Competitiveness is fine but music is not an olympic sport and there is no first place. Just be cool!
Specifically for drummers: focus more on making the band sound good than making yourself stand out.